Tooth Extractions in Belleville NJ
Sometimes, the best option to protect the rest of your teeth and your overall oral and dental health is to have one or multiple teeth extracted. This is the process of your professional Belleville NJ family dentist removing a tooth or teeth from your mouth. Here are some of the most common reasons that tooth extractions occur:
• Wisdom teeth removal, either before or after they come in, due to pain from impacted pressure or the tooth pushing against the other molars
• Severe tooth decay or infection that’s irreversible or far too costly for the patient to have it repaired
• Advanced gum disease that has the ability to negatively affect the surrounding teeth, supportive tissue, and bone structures of your mouth
• If your tooth is blocking other teeth from coming in
• If your tooth is hindering your future orthodontic treatment, blocking the right amount of space for the teeth that are being moved into place
What to Expect
To reduce discomfort, Dr. Flynn-Nyktas will administer an anesthetic to numb the area. You’ll feel the pressure of the tooth being removed during the extraction, but you won’t feel any pain in the process. In most cases, we’re able to remove the tooth in a matter of minutes with little to no difficulty.
Immediately after the tooth is extracted, there will be a small amount of bleeding, which is very normal. A small gauze will be placed in that area since the area may bleed minimally for the next 24 hours before tapering off. Make sure that you follow these instructions provided by your Belleville NJ dentist, along with other post-op steps to follow.